! operator isn't supported

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:17 PM

For example:

ExpressionContext context = new ExpressionContext();            
IGenericExpression<bool> eDynamic = context.CompileGeneric<bool>("!\"Yankee\".Equals(\"Yankee\")");

Throws "SyntaxError: Unexpected character: !"

There are workarounds for this specific example, but not for the use case I am struggling with, which I cannot post.

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

FLEE uses "not" for boolean negation, as defined here. "!" is C#'s operator for the same thing.

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hi,

While I understand that Flee uses And, Or and Not for boolean and bitwise operators, is there a way that I can use &&, || and ! for the same? Is there way to support custom operators?

Rgards,

- Vikram

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM

>> ... is there a way that I can use &&, || and ! for the same? Is there way to support custom operators?

No, not as Flee is currently designed. As the author points out, "The expression language that Flee uses is a mix of elements of C# and VB.Net." It has no facility for defining custom operators.

The original author appears to have abandoned the project, at least for the time being. (Eugene, are you out there?) So, what you see is what you get. :)

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:38 AM

I was trying to get uniformity with C# rather than a mix of C# and VB, that would have made the expression language learning curve a little shorter for my end users.

Anyways, what I see and what I get is a lot and very impressive. Thanks to Eugene.

Regards,

- Vikram